The Migration Engineer Intern serves an essential role in Rev.io by providing BI, Reporting and data migration support for the Rev.io platform and associated products. Migration Engineer Interns will perform many steps in the data migration life cycle, from documenting requirements to implementing and delivering solutions to Rev.io’s user base. Interns will be cross-functional with other departments and will participate in all standard activities of a full-time employee.
- Implements client-driven reporting and data migration needs within the Rev.io platform with exposure to user interface and database changes.
- Responsible for working with teammates and clients to determine innovative solutions to problems experienced when installing new customers
- Designs and constructs statements of work which document expected functionality
- Involved in the database testing and will actively participate in workflows involving business intelligence and reporting.
- Will gain exposure to large customer data sets involved in product migrations, and will be responsible for helping data flow in to Rev.io from legacy customer systems
- Hands-on experience working with live client systems and configuring real production environments
Uses cutting edge technology in the workplace including:
- Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, etc)
- Full Microsoft Stack (Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server 2014, HTML5/JS)
Part of a small, but fast-moving team where constant communication and self-driven learners are key
Attends all scheduled items on a full-time Migration Engineer’s schedule, including analysis meetings, customer calls, internal development sessions, and team meetings
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described. They are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and be a reasonable representation of its activities. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required at any time.
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree in Database Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Science, or other database and software development-focused majors.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- 2+ years exposure to Object-Oriented Programming
- At least 1 relevant class in databases (preferably SQL Server experience)
- Strong communicator, self-driven, and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to come in to the office and work with the team
- Strong debugging skills
Helpful Additional Experience (not required)
- SQL Server
- Microsoft .NET (C# or VB.NET)
- Web-related programming experience: