Rev.io is a SaaS-based recurring revenue & customer management platform based in Atlanta, GA.
We are guided by our Mission, which is to help clients grow revenue efficiently.
Our Vision is to be the best billing and back-office software company in the world by providing innovative solutions and extraordinary service to our clients and end-users.
We are guided in all we do by our ACT TOP values:
As the leader of this essential team, you will participate in the full lifecycle to extend and enhance our technology to create the future of the Rev.io platform through software development and product management. You will report to the VP of Product as a member of the Operating Leadership Team of our growing company. We are seeking to more than double the size of our development capacity in the next 12 months, and need your help implementing the proper organizational structure in product, development, architecture, quality assurance to accomplish this. Our team currently consists of approximately 15 employees, with over 80 employees in Rev.io total.
There is a diverse mix of greenfield development as well as evolution/scaling of our existing core applications and systems. Your team has the autonomy to build solutions to solve the complex challenges we face developing and evolving our robust SaaS billing platform. Help us continue to refine and evolve our defined development processes covering product management, design, architecture, development, peer review, testing, QA, and validation.
Implement and lead a scalable model for quality software development that delivers and exceeds Rev.io’s software development timelines.
Specific duties will include:
- Work in an interdisciplinary manner with peers in other departments to develop company strategy, product strategy, and own the execution.
- Partner with the CTO, VP of Product, and Principal Architect define technical strategy and the execution of the strategy through our technical roadmap.
- Grow the engineering team beyond the current size and help attract, retain, and train gifted and passionate engineering talents. We expect you have a network of proven professionals who can be brought in to continue to raise the bar for our aspiring technical talent.
- People development activities (i.e., hire, train, evaluate, reward, motivate, discipline, create performance improvement plans, termination as necessary, etc.)
- Maintain and improve the onboarding roadmap for new team members
- Help define and align with the Senior Leadership Team around evolving measurement, forecasting, key metrics, and objectives
- Implement and oversee appropriate Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes
- Coach team members on best practices and in making business-driven decisions
- Develop KPI’s and ensure that all members of the team are performing within the parameters of those KPI’s
- Ability to empower leads and managers to perform their duties by securing resources, eliminating obstacles, and providing guidance, advice, and mentorship
- Define objectives and track results for team members in a supportive, motivating, and fact-driven way
- Ensure the team has the resources, information, and processes necessary to deliver effective technical and functional solutions to our clients.
- Application of agile methodologies to iteratively improve product development and optimize engineering productivity
- Further define career progression models for team growth and expansion
- Emphasize quality and scalability of the engineering product while optimizing processes
- Oversee product/program management including design, prioritization, sprint planning, backlog management, requirements definition & translation, market research, and product documentation.
- Identify, research, and propose strategic initiatives in a way that balances both the short and long-term company goals
- Develop a strong understanding of Software as a Service business model
- Develop a strong understanding of our clients’ business models and KPI’s
TECH/SYSTEMS IN USE TODAY
- Languages: C# / VB.NET / ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core / SQL / Lua / React
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server (80%), Redis (10%), MySQL (5%), Postgres (5%)
- Source Control / Deployment: Git (Bitbucket) / Github, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Selenium
- Project Tracking/Documentation: JIRA, Confluence
- Customer Support: Zendesk, Confluence
TECH/SYSTEMS IN PLANNING
- Platforms: Scaled compute such as Databricks
- .NET Microservices with Containers
CANDIDATE PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related technical field and/or 10+ years of software development & architecture experience
- Ability to understand state of technology and roadmaps
- Experience leading a team through technology change and modernization
- Experience working in a software company – preferably SaaS
- Experience acting as a technical lead, ability to mentor and lead other software engineers
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
- Broad knowledge of programming languages and software architecture and design and database systems
- Directly managed engineering teams, led recruiting, hiring, retention, and training process for engineers
- Strong understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Extremely organized, with a firm grasp on your calendar and priorities