Rev.io is a SaaS recurring revenue & customer management platform based in Atlanta, GA. We are guided by our mission to be the best in the world at what we do and by our values of achieving extraordinary results; caring for our employees, clients and community; taking responsibility and acting like owners; transparent leadership; opportunity to make a positive difference, and a passion for innovation.
We help our customers:
- Grow Revenue Faster: Recurring and Metered Billing
Take full control of your billing operations with our powerful recurring and metered billing platform. Rev.io has automated rating of over 100 different file formats to eliminate errors and help you be the first to market.
- Increase Satisfaction and Reduce Churn: Customer Management System
Manage every aspect of your customer's account - from taxation to order entry - all in one place. Rev.io gives you the tools you need to encourage customer loyalty and increase revenue opportunities.
- Manage Less, Do More: Process Automation
Our customizable workflow processes allow you to easily automate and manage any project to fit your unique business needs. Increase accuracy and measure efficiency across all of your business activities, without adding cost.
- Gain Insights for Smarter Decisions: Business Intelligence System
Get the insights you need to scale fast. Identify top customers, churn, MRR, accounts receivable, order summaries and more in one, consolidated view. Our business intelligence reports give you on-demand reporting when you need it most.
- Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Stay Connected: Integrations
Ensure your business runs smoothly across all of your platforms, devices, and networks. Whether you use our existing CRM, tax engine and gateway integrations, or use our enterprise level API to develop custom integrations, we help you scale without limits.
- Boost Productivity: Self Service Enablement
Empower your customers and partners to take charge of their own accounts with our dynamic customer and agent portals. Remove the bottlenecks - now your resellers and sales teams can have automated commission calculations, inventory reports, and more.
VP OF ENGINEERING
As the leader of this essential team, you will participate in the full lifecycle to extend and enhance our technology to create the future of the Rev.io platform through software development & product management. You will report to the CEO and also be a member of the senior leadership team of our growing company. We are seeking to double the size of our development capacity in the next 12 months and need your help implementing the proper structure, roles, etc in product, development, architecture, quality assurance, etc to accomplish this. Our team currently consists of approximately 15 employees and total employees for the company are in the low 50s.
There is a diverse mix of greenfield development as well as evolution/scaling of our existing core applications & systems. Your team has the autonomy to build solutions to solve the complex challenges we face developing & evolving our robust SaaS billing platform. Help us continue to refine and evolve our defined development processes covering product management, design, architecture, development, peer review, testing, QA, and validation.
- Languages: C# / VB.NET / ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core / SQL / Lua
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server (80%), Redis (10%), MySQL (5%), Postgres (5%)
- Source Control / Deployment: Git (Bitbucket) / Github, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Selenium
- Project Tracking/Documentation: JIRA, Confluence
- Customer Support: Zendesk, Confluence
- Work in an interdisciplinary manner with peers in other departments (e.g. VP of Sales & Marketing, VP of Client Success, CFO, CTO, CEO, etc) to develop company strategy and product strategy
- Co-develop the technical strategy with the CTO, and develop and maintain a technology roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint.
- Grow the engineering team beyond the current size and help attract, retain, and train gifted and passionate engineering talents
- People development activities (i.e. hire, train, evaluate, reward, motivate, discipline, create performance improvement plans, termination as necessary, etc.)
- Maintain and improve the onboarding roadmap for new team members
- Help define and align with the Senior Leadership Team around evolving measurement, forecasting, key metrics, and objectives
- Implement and oversee appropriate Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes
- Coach team members on best practices and in making business-driven decisions
- Develop KPI’s and ensure that all members of the team are performing within the parameters of those KPI’s
- Ability to empower leads and managers to perform their duties by securing resources, eliminating obstacles, and providing guidance, advice, and mentorship
- Define objectives and track results for team members in a supportive, motivating, and fact-driven way
- Ensure the team has the resources, information, and processes necessary to deliver effective technical and functional solutions to our clients.
- Application of agile methodologies to iteratively improve product development and optimize engineering productivity
- Further define career path opportunities for team growth and expansion
- Emphasize quality and scalability of the engineering product while optimizing processes
- Oversee product/program management including design, prioritization, sprint planning, backlog management, requirements definition & translation, market research, and product documentation.
- Identify, research, and propose strategic initiatives in a way that balances both the short and long-term company goals
- Develop a strong understanding of Software as a Service business model
- Develop a strong understanding of our clients’ business models and KPI’s
- BS in CS or related technical field and/or 10+ years of software development & architecture experience
- Experience working in a software company – preferably SaaS
- Experience acting as a technical lead, ability to mentor and lead other software engineers
- Experience building and operating large-scale systems
- Broad knowledge of programming languages and software architecture and design and database systems
- Directly managed engineering teams, led recruiting, hiring, retention, and training process for engineers
- Strong understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Extremely organized, with a firm grasp on your calendar and priorities
Be part of a team that is humble, committed, talented, and positive, and learn from & mentor to each other. We offer competitive salaries and world-class benefits such as insurance, unlimited time off, and a great work environment. You get the best of both worlds; we are financially stable like a larger company but have the culture, spirit, speed, and opportunity of a startup.
We believe strongly in work-life balance, have a completely transparent & open business culture, and genuinely care about each and every member of our team and their business & personal growth and development.
- 401K (traditional & Roth), company match with immediate vesting
- Health insurance - HMO, PPO, and HSA options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Reimbursement for personal internet/phone
- Life/disability insurance
- Unlimited time off (along with standard business holidays on which our office is closed)
- Training - technical, leadership, and more
- Advancement opportunities for both technical leadership & process/people leadership
- Achieving Extraordinary Results
- Caring For Employees, Clients and the Community
- Take Responsibility & Act like an Owner
- Transparent Leadership
- Opportunity to make a positive difference
- Passion for Innovation