Rev.io is a SaaS-based recurring revenue & customer management platform based in Atlanta, GA. We are guided by our Mission, which is to help clients grow revenue efficiently. Our Vision is to be the best billing and back-office software company in the world by providing innovative solutions and extraordinary service to our clients and end-users.
We are guided in all we do by our ACT TOP values:
The purpose of this role is to define the product roadmap of our API and Integrations solutions and lead the execution of the work to ensure the outcomes defined are achieved.
The purpose of the Director of Technical Project Management is providing product roadmap development and product direction regarding API, Integrations, Tax, Payments and Electronic Order Provisioning. This role provides day-to-day direction to the offshore resources building the integrations between external software platforms and Rev.io.
Idea machine, results oriented, customer obsessed, team builder, relentless, customer centered, collaborative, ambitious, self-starter.
If these words describe you, you might be a good fit for our Director of Technical Product Management role. We're defining the back office billing space and inventing new ways to help our clients grow revenue efficiently. This role will have ownership for defining our product roadmap for our API and Integrations product teams and leading the execution of the work to ensure the outcomes defined are achieved. You will be expected to teach and guide the different aspects of our product development lifecycle from conducting product discovery, to interacting with clients and users to validate your solutions, to overseeing the development of the solutions, to commercializing the product enhancements that are launched in-market.
You will be looked at as a subject matter expert within the company and should relish the opportunity to exhibit Rev.io’s mission and values. This role will report to the Vice President of Product.
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
Along this journey this individual will:
- Own the product life cycle development model for our API and Integrations. Start with the client and work backwards to define your product vision and understand the client's needs. Own the model by ensuring your team adheres to our approach to building solutions - client letter, product requirements, user experience, product launch, and client adoption.
- Design, implement, automate, and optimize our Integration activation model to help our clients take advantage of what your team has built.
- Coach and mentor your team members on ways to improve their craft and grow their career.
- Manage a team of three to five individuals who are passionate about our client's experience and crave your experience.
- Paired with a Director of Engineering, you will own our Developer Experience (DevX) and how we can elevate our clients and partners' use of our APIs.
- Set the roadmap and priorities for the product team based on a collaborative effort with internal stakeholders, clients, and partners.
- Manage the delivery of the product roadmap
- Help support the evolution of our product strategy to realize our mission.
- Cultivate strong client relationships to help inform our roadmap, acquire new clients, and increase our client retention rates.
- Partner with technology, training, client success, onboarding, sales, and marketing to understand market trends and client pain points to design holistic solutions to solve the underlying problems.
This critical role within our team is challenging while rewarding. Below are some of the characteristics that would make you successful in this role:
- Having a deep sense of ownership for the teams you interact with and work.
- Possesses a curiosity for tech and the problems that can be solved through technology.
- Data driven. Uses data to help inform the decisions made.
- Inherent self-starter.
- Ability to communicate clearly via written and verbal methods.
- Understands how to drive a high-level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, and passionate team.
- The ability to foster team collaboration across large diverse groups of teams. An individual that understands how to get things done through influence resulting in buy-in.
- Obsessive organizational skills.
- Continuous improvement is second nature to you. Incremental improvements can make a big difference to our customers and employees.
- Inclusive. Wants every team member to have a positive impact on our clients, our employees, and our community.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
Some of the job requirements to help our customers thrive.
- 4 - 7 years working in product management within a Software as a Service (SaaS) distribution model.
- Experience using Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) technologies such as Tray.io or another similar tool.
- Has built APIs and the Developer Experience (DevX) to help internal and external developers leverage the capabilities in an efficient and effective manner.
- 2 - 4 years of management experience with a track record of recruiting and operating outstanding product teams.
- Experience managing a team of off-shore resources is preferred.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Proven track record of taking ideas from concept to launching and iterating thereafter.
- Understands how to use the various techniques to conduct product discovery helping to build solutions that are applicable to the majority of our client portfolio.
- Experience training and mentoring Product Managers in the techniques used in product management to empower them to build valuable solutions that are adopted by clients.
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycles that leverage an agile framework.
- Worked in and thrives in fast paced small business / startup environments.
- Outcome oriented person.