PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Content Marketing Specialist will execute Rev.io’s content strategy through marketing campaigns, client sales messaging, and ongoing social media management. This position will also foster effective cross-functional communication between Rev.io’s various departments, in keeping with the company’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
The Content Marketing Specialist serves as a steward of the Rev.io brand and is an active contributor to company growth by monitoring and contributing to online and direct-to-customer dialogue about Rev.io. This position is responsible for identifying opportunities to better engage with our clients, end-users and the unified communications industry, and for coordinating consistent messages via traditional PR, Web, and Social Media channels.
- Creates and manages content across both online and offline channels, including social media posts, press releases, byline articles, blog posts, case studies, video and photo copy, whitepapers, etc., ensuring branding is accurate and consistent across channels
- Proof-reads and quality checks content across channels to confirm quality, brand voice and professionalism
- Ensures all content is optimized for SEO target keywords, and works with SEO Manager to adjust on an ongoing basis
- Develops a deep understanding of our offerings and culture to consistently reinforce the Rev.io brand
- Creates content for social media advertising on platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Creates content for the Rev.io blog, content hub, and additional owned media outlets
- Creates content for product collateral and co-branded partner material
- Creates content for use by sales team such as email templates, voicemail scripts, social posts, etc.
- Creates content for traditional PR activities when appropriate
- Monitors member and prospect feedback and dialogue within online and offline communities
- Partners closely with Design Coordinator to align and optimize written and visual content within the Rev.io brand and Marketing Operations to maximize content value
- Partners with Marketing Operations to understand engagement data with content for ongoing improvements
- Catalogs written grammatical and syntax standards for application across Marketing, Sales, and the wider company
- Assist with general Marketing duties such as event and tradeshow planning where needed
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described. They are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and be a reasonable representation of its activities. Additional duties and responsibilities may be required at any time.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising or English
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- 2+ Years in a hands-on content development role supporting Sales, Social Media or PR
- Sophisticated writing skills, exhibiting extreme accuracy, eloquence and attention to detail
- Deep understanding of how to influence an audience using tone, messaging and delivery
- Blog management experience
- Ability to write a traditional press release
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Expertise with content publishing platforms including WordPress, social media, newswires, video hosting sites
- Agency experience a plus
- Hands-on video production and/or still photography experience a plus